Torment: Tides of Numenera Receives a Performance Update
Since Torment: Tides of Numenera’s release, inXile has been able to digest a deluge of constructive feedback, comments and articles to garner a better sense of where they can focus their resources to improve the game.
[miptheme_quote author=”said Brian Fargo, inXile CEO” style=”text-center”]Since the release of Torment: Tides of Numenera, we’ve been working extremely hard to iron out the bugs our community and media reported. We’re pleased to announce that we’ve eliminated a lot of bugs and optimised the game even further on all platforms and I’m sure that it will allow our fans to enjoy the game even more.[/miptheme_quote]
The update for the console versions of the game is live now and fixes many issues reported by media and the community, improving the game’s performance and overall quality. The most important improvements include:
- Fixes many freezes that would happen in various situations.
- Numerous performance optimizations.
- Addendum text now appears on item descriptions. Dozens of items have more detailed descriptions depending on your lore skills and other factors.
- Fixes an issue that was preventing party members from bantering. Party members should now be much more talkative.
- Updates crisis sequences to rebalance a number of enemies. In certain situations, it will make combat proceed more quickly.
- Numerous fixes and improvements to movement grid, pathing, and AI. This should prevent issues where the game would hang in combat.
- Several quest and conversation fixes.
- Inspiring Presence and other looping sound effects have been reduced or removed.
For more information on Torment: Tides of Numenera and the various editions currently available for purchase, please visit the official website at http://tormentgame.com/.
Colin McComb, Creative Lead on Torment: Tides of Numenera
Founded in 1991, Techland is a renowned independent game developer, distributor, and publisher. The Poland based company is best known for the original Dead Island games, the Call of Juarez series, and Dying Light. Thanks to its proprietary game engine technology, Techland develops top-tier entertainment content for Windows PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Linux, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS. Comprised of four offices in Warsaw, Wrocław, Ostrów Wielkopolski, and Vancouver, Canada, the company is committed to delivering unforgettable experiences and using the latest technology for innovative entertainment. For more information about the company, visit the official website at: http://techland.pl/
About inXile Entertainment
Founded by long-time industry veteran @BrianFargo in 2002, inXile Entertainment develops interactive entertainment software for all popular game systems, personal computers and wireless devices. Following the critical and commercial success of Wasteland 2, inXile crowdfunded and is currently developing Torment: Tides of Numenera and The Bard’s Tale IV. For more information about inXile Entertainment visit: www.inxile-entertainment.com. Torment is a trademark of inXile Entertainment. Numenera is a trademark of Monte Cook Games LLC.
All product titles, publisher names, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks, registered trademarks and/or copyright material of the respective owners. All rights reserved.