2K Announces WWE® SuperCard: Season 3 is in Development for iOS and Android Devices!
Surpassing 11 million downloads worldwide, 2K’s popular WWE collectible card-battling game heads toward a new season, including new card tiers and gameplay modes, an increased roster of WWE and NXT Superstars, as well as a seamless transition for current players.
Johannesburg, 20 October 19, 2016: 2K today announced that WWE SuperCard, the Company’s action-packed collectible card-battling game, will increase its extensive content offering via WWE SuperCard – Season 3. Featuring the series’ first real-time gameplay mode, three new card tiers and an increased roster of WWE and NXT Superstars, along with new ways to compete and engage with others from around the world, WWE SuperCard – Season 3 is currently in development for release in November 2016. The update will be available as a downloadable update free of charge on the App Store for iOS devices, including iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch®, as well as the Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore for Android™ devices*.
WWE SuperCard has exceeded 11 million global downloads since its release in August 2014 and holds an average rating of 4/5 stars on the App Store, as well as a 4.2/5 rating on Google Play**. Currently offering players more than 900 cards in active play, with each card representing one of 10 different rarity levels, the game encourages players to build teams of WWE Superstars and Legends, as well as NXT Superstars, train them to full potential, battle in various match types and test their luck in fast-paced tournament action. In addition, players can enhance their free-to-play experience through purchase of individual card packs.
WWE SuperCard continues raising the bar for delivering compelling WWE content in an engaging, competitive and accessible way, we significantly value feedback from fans and critics, and we’ve worked hard to create exciting new experiences this fall across Season 3’s brand new tiers, gameplay modes and more.
WWE SuperCard – Season 3 features will include the following:
• New Card Tiers: Access three new card tiers and compete for more than 100 new cards;
• Royal Rumble: Pit 15 cards against 15 of an opponent’s cards in a brand new, real-time gameplay mode in a battle to see the last card standing;
• Season 1 Legacy Cards: Retain Season 1 cards through their transition to Legacy cards in Season 3, with the cards available for play in the game’s new Wild Mode feature;
• Season 2 Cards Transition: Retain Season 2 cards for play in all Season 3 game modes;
• Wild Mode: Use both active and legacy cards to compete against opponents and gain more active cards;
• Ranked / PVP Mode: Battle players from around the world for the top slot in a new monthly leaderboard for prestige and awards.
Developed by Cat Daddy Games in conjunction with Visual Concepts, both 2K studios, WWE SuperCard is available now to download free of charge on the App Store for iOS devices, including the iPhone, iPad and Pod touch, as well as the Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore for Android devices. WWE SuperCard – Season 3 is currently scheduled for release in November 2016 and will be available for download free of charge. For more information on WWE SuperCard and 2K, visit www.2k.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter and Instagram or subscribe on YouTube.
2K is a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO).
* WWE SuperCard supports iOS 7.0 or later for iOS devices, including iPhone, iPad and iPad touch, as well as supports Android 2.3 and up for Android devices
** Product ratings as of October 13, 2016
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.