Super Bomberman R Reveals Team Battles, New Maps, Characters and More!
Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. today announced new content for Super Bomberman R, including new team battles, maps, characters and more. These items can be unlocked in the game shop using earned free gems.
Super Bomberman R reveals the following content:
- Players can create their own teams to battle against other players from around the world. Once all other team colours have been wiped out, the last team standing declares victory. Set 3-team or 4-team battles, as well as 1v4 to create the ultimate challenge!
4 New Maps for Battle Mode
- Plain Floor: A large open space in the middle of the stage creates an intense battle
- Desert Fort: Strategically manoeuvre between moving red tiles to win
- Classic Conveyor Belt: The well-known conveyor belt from past series is back!
- Panic Factory: Covered mostly with conveyor belts, this stage creates a chaotic battle
3 New Characters! Pyramid Head, Simon Belmont and Vic Viper join the battle, each with a special ability
- Pyramid Head Bomber from Silent Hill: Defeat your enemies instantaneously when in contact
- Simon Belmont Bomber from Castlevania: Draw in bombs and characters from far away
- Vic Viper Bomber from Gradius: Super-fast movement
- Snowflake Series
- Item Series
Super Bomberman R launched globally in March 2017, exclusively for the Nintendo Switch™, marking a fitting return for the beloved multiplayer series. All key Bomberman elements return for the new title as players guide their Bomberman around maze-like areas using timed bombs to open walkways and take out opponents within timed sessions. In Super Bomberman R, up to eight players can compete locally or online in the competitive ‘Battle’ mode, or up to two players can work cooperatively in ‘Story’ mode to clear stages in order to save the galaxy.
Super Bomberman R is now available exclusively for the Nintendo Switch!