Nintendo Switch launches in South Africa
The highly anticipated Nintendo Switch to launch in South Africa at long last! This breakthrough console will be available locally as part of the global launch.
[miptheme_quote author=”says Matthew Grose, Business Unit Head for Core Gaming Systems.” style=”pull-right”]Nintendo Switch offers a completely new gaming experience that South Africans will love – we are thrilled to introduce this unique gaming console locally at the same time as the rest of the world.[/miptheme_quote]Core Gaming Systems announced that Nintendo Switch will be available for the Recommended Retail Price of R5,599. The breakthrough home video game console, which not only connects to a TV at home, but also instantly transforms into an on-the-go handheld, will launch as part of the global roll-out on Friday 3 March.
In addition to participating in the official global launch, South Africans will also be able to attend the prelaunch event at Sandton City. Local Nintendo fans will have the option of a hands-on experience with Nintendo Switch at Sandton City Fountain Court from the 17th to 19th February.
More information on the pre-launch event will be available on Facebook as details are confirmed.
Pricing and Availability
- Nintendo Switch will be available from Friday 3 March for the Recommended Retail Price of R5,599 from www.takealot.com and www.btgames.co.za and soon thereafter leading retailers.
- The Nintendo Switch package will include the main console, Joy-Con (L) and Joy-Con (R) controllers, a Joy-Con grip (to which two Joy-Con are attached and used as one controller), a set of Joy-Con wrist straps, a Nintendo Switch dock (which holds the main console and connects it to a TV), a HDMI cable and an AC adapter.
- Nintendo Switch will be available in two colour options: a version with a set of grey Joy-Con and a version with one neon blue and one neon red Joy-Con.
- First-party Nintendo Switch games available from launch include:
– The Legend of Zelda: Breadth of the Wild for the Recommended Retail Price of R1,000
– The Legend of Zelda: Breadth of the Wild Limited Edition for the Recommended Retail Price of R1,399
– 1-2-Switch for the Recommended Retail Price of R699.
- Additional Nintendo Switch accessories available from launch include:
– Joy-con (pair) for the Recommended Retail Price of R1,299
– Joy-con (single) for the Recommended Retail Price of R899
– Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for the Recommended Retail price of R1,199.
- Nintendo Switch amiibo characters available from launch include:
– Link Archer, Link Rider, Zelda Bokoblin and Zelda Fieldwork for the Recommended Retail Price of R249
– Guardian for the Recommended Retail Price of R299.
The Nintendo Switch Feature Video
“Takealot is so excited about being a preferred partner to launch the Nintendo Switch! online to South African shoppers,” said Julie-Anne Walsh, Chief Marketing Officer at Takealot. “We love how versatile this new console is and to celebrate the launch – we’re offering R300 off the recommended retail price to our first 50 customers who pre-order before the release day. This will give gamers the chance to snap up their Nintendo Switch! at great value before anyone else.”
Whether you want to play at home, on-the-go, single player or with friends – Nintendo Switch offers something for everyone. We encourage eager fans to attend our pre-launch event at Sandton City to see and experience the product prior launch,” concludes Grose.
Nintendo Switch Repository:
Nintendo SA on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nintendodistributorsa
Nintendo on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo
Nintendo Switch website: http://www.nintendo.co.za/NintendoSwitch
Nintendo Switch on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NintendoSwitch
Nintendo Switch on Instagram: https://instagram.com/nintendoswitcheurope
Nintendo Europe on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nintendoeurope
Nintendo Europe on Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/team/nintendo
Nintendo UK on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/NintendoUK
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii U™ and Wii™ home consoles, Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.4 billion video games and more than 696 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Wii, and Nintendo 3DS family of systems including New Nintendo 3DS™, New Nintendo 3DS XL™, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL™, Nintendo 2DS™, as well as Nintendo DS™, Nintendo DSi™, Nintendo DSi XL™, Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance™, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™ and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of Europe, based in Germany, was established in 1990 and serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in Europe.
About Core Gaming Systems
Core Group represents some of the world’s premier professional and consumer technology brands in Sub-Saharan Africa. For global category leaders we are the exclusive and dedicated full-service brand custodians, managing a brand’s presence from end-to-end: logistics, research, marketing, PR, merchandising and (retail) sales. Currently, Core Group represents Apple and Nintendo as its primary brands.